Sunday, August 03, 2008

Portraits Of Past: night 2: 924 Gilman St.

I was really geeked for this show after having so much fun the previous night.
The line to get in to Gilman was long and stayed long through the first 2 bands.

Unfortunately, at the last minute, Yaphet Kotto had to pull out from playing. They were missing a member. People were disappointed but it was really more sad (for all involved including- I would guess- the guys who wanted to play) than upsetting.

At that curveball, POP rushed to take the stage.
Soon enough, the spooky slow pretty intro music began. Then, of course, people went nuts. I believe the set was identical to the 1st night and I ain't gonna complain about that.
If it matters, the sound was superior at Gilman than CellSpace. Also if it matters, Gilman security are zealous as fuck.
I tried to get to the front on my 2 favorite songs. I couldn't even get close for Bang Yer Head but on Journeyman I was right there climbing on top of everyone.

The beauty of the show(s) was not just seeing a band that I witness the genesis of in my neighbor's house in Fairfield, CA play as adults with the same genuine emotion 13+ years later. It was also the friends that I hadn't seen in forever who were at the show.

(Kent, Lisa, Brett, Quinlan, Autumn, Isaacson, Matt, Julia, Dan, Santos, and Rob, Rex, & Grimace)

(photo lifted from Damian Hade)

(coming soon: Portraits Of Past interview)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home