Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Y: The Last Man: the end

Rewind a few months back- I was doing everything I could to avoid ANY spoilers with the rather intense media attention the last issue of Y: The Last Man received.
Today I finished it. I have read the entire series now.

What a fuckin great book/series!
In the beginning, I really enjoyed all the political details thrown in. Then I was hooked on the character development. In the end, I learned what caused all mammals with a Y chromosome to be wiped out (I think). I also almost cried at the Six Feet Under-esque wrap up.
Do yourself a favor and check it out (even if the inside art is lacking).

_____

In related news, a motion picture adaptation is already well underway.
In hopes of creating a trilogy, the (first) film will be a stand alone story with sequal possibilities. Does that mean no resolution!?
The producer is in hot pursuit of Shia LaBeouf to play Yorick and Alicia Keys to play 355. hhmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home