Monday, December 24, 2007

bad back

One year ago today, I had a surprisingly life changing occurrence. I hurt my back.

I had "thrown out" my back twice before and expected this to subside after a day or two of taking it easy. It didn't. In the end, I could count maybe 10 days out of all of 2007 that I felt no pain or discomfort from my lower back.
With two fairly non-productive doctor's visits and a helpful physical therapist, I have deduced that I have a degenerative disc in my spine. Not too out-of-the-ordinary except that I am a little young for this to be happening.
Oh, the woes of growing old.

All my life, I was pretty aware of my back. I tried to always stand and lift properly. Now I walk as much as possible and do specific stretches 3 times a day... every day.
I came to more of an understanding for people that get hooked on painkillers. It sux when you can't focus or do things you want to do because of a persistent injury.

I apologize to everyone I may have been cranky to or who I may not have been as social with due to my bad back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

you were a pleasure this year.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home