Thursday, October 04, 2007

Roadtrip: SouthWest. Pt. 7

On the evening of our 9th day of vacation, Mel and I got back to LA.
We went to Pure Luck for some dinner with some cool folks Mel met via The PPK forums. Pure Luck is like some former Korean restaraunt that is now a vegan Mexican joint apparently run by bike punx on a block dominated by bike punx. The food was amazing. I had a side order of fries and fried pickle slices with a "carnitas" torta. The "carnitas" at Pure Luck is jackfruit that is put through some unimaginable process to end up looking HELLA like chicken and tasting the part as well.

After this insane meal and talk of Motorhead and working for AVN, Mel and I headed across the street to Scoop again.

Then, it was back to casa de Ben Edge. We got to meet Ben's roommate who used to be in Undertow. I displayed my Undertow stickers and fliers for his amusement.
Before bed we engaged in discussions of politics and deep music snobbery. I ruin everything for Ben by claiming (rightfully so) that everything is right-wing and racist.
_____

The next morning we had to hit up M Cafe again. I stuffed myself sick.
I do highly recommend M Cafe for the (pricey) food even if the crowd represents all that I hate about LA.
_____

What a fuckin highly deserved holiday! What a fuckin wonderful time!
I have realized that my life (and my relationship with Mel) would be greatly improved if I don't stick so strictly to my regimented schedule as some form of desire denying and gratification delaying 'waiting.' As if something supposedly worthwhile will come.

Now back to the grind.

check my Flickr account for more photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shanedanger/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home