Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Roadtrip: SouthWest. Pt.3

Before Mel and I began the big drive from Phoenix to Albuquerque, NM, we stopped in Scottsdale for food.
We hit up Mandala. It was a fabulously decorated cafe attached to a yoga place (a common thing with vegan eateries in the Southwest apparently). I didn't have any tea but the place seemed to cater to tea with a massive selection. The food was only ok.

Scottsdale is an odd/interesting place. It looked a lot like a tourist spot but no one was outside. I am guessing that was due to the heat.

Then began the worst leg of our drive.
Nothing much of interest in between Scottsdale and Albuquerque except some Jesus billboards, more dinosaur "statues" than I ever expected to see, and A LOT of supposed Indian shops.



I never would imagine to encounter that much construction on one fuckin freeway. It got real old especially at night with tons of truckers sharing the road. We actually attempted to make a sign to show truckers that read "10-4 Good Buddy."

I was happy to reach our destination: my parents' house in Albuquerque.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home