Saturday, November 08, 2008

BenEdge On Music 4

Guns N Roses- "Chinese Democracy" single:
"He doesn't even sound like Axl Rose for the first half of the song, which is actually the most positive thing I can say about the track. This is about as bad as I was expecting it to be."
____


Los Dug Dugs - "Smog":
"Another thing I dig, that I've never heard of!
It totally sounds like that moment when psychedelic transitioned into heavy metal, which apparently happened a little later in Latin America.
The lyrics never matter that much in heavy metal anyway, so it doesn't bug me that they're singing in a language that I cheated myself into not learning in high school, by cheating."

____

HADES- "resisting success" LP":
"I can tell you in advance: I hate all things double bass drum pedal."
____


Jay Reatard/The Reatards:
"I tried to like this guy, but he's too low-fi for me. He's really into the "this sounds like it was done on a tape recorder in my room" sound, which I WISH I was into, because it would save me a ton of money with my own bands.
Also, a lot of people tell me he's a jerk. And why do I believe them? Because it's more convenient than learning the truth for myself.
I'm not cool enough to be a fan of his."

____


Attila:
"YEEESSSSS!!!
Jamie from Fields of Fire played this for me a few years ago, and I love it, and you can't find it anywhere.
I occasionally tell people about this band, and it blows their minds. It seems too good to be true.
The icing on the cake: All Music Guide considers it the worst album ever made."
____


BAD BRAINS X SUPREME - FALL / WINTER COLLECTION:
"It qualifies as sneakerhead/urban wear culture re-appropriating hardcore punk culture for its own capitalistic purposes. No one with a single punk bone left in his/her body should view it any differently. It's disgusting, but it don't affect my life none.
Last year's rebels make this year's wallpaper. The cycle continues."

______

Ben's band Bad Reaction are playing shows all over California.
Go see them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home