Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Office Tales: meat

A co-worker was talking about Bear Grylls of Man Vs. Wild fame. She was completely disgusted at his eating dead animals.

I reminded her that she eats dead animals. That did not sit well with her as she insisted that it was completely different.

Can you say "cognitive dissonance"?
(Is anyone else alarmed at how commonplace killing non-humans is on so-called reality television programs?!)
_____

[Would you like to fight] an animal abuser or a factory farmer?
Mac Danzig:
"[Laughs] This is just a sport for me. It's not about animosity and wanting to be violent. I wouldn't give those people the satisfaction of fighting me in my sport. If I had to take care of one of those guys, it would be in a back alley with a baseball bat [laughs]."


(thanx Mel)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home