Wednesday, August 29, 2007

the system is working fine

Living in the SF Bay Area, I am surrounded by well-intentioned Liberals.

I am constantly getting sooo annoyed at people who are concerned with the ills of capitalism yet do not see this economic system as the problem.
It drives me nuts.

I think there are basically 2 paradigms:
1) The idea held by Liberals that this system is broken and if we could just fix it (usually explained as getting Bush out of office), the system would work correctly and we would all be ok.
2) People that know this system is working correctly and THAT is the problem!

It would seem the do-gooder Liberals believe there is some correlation between improving this system and bumper stickers.

(I also realize how privileged it is for a radical to complain about being surrounded by Liberals which is quite different and less threatening than being surrounded by Christian Conservatives.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home