Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Bear = fraud

It is pretty naive of me to believe much of anything on television; especially "reality television."

One of my favorite shows is Man Vs. Wild and the star, Bear Grylls, is somewhat of a persevering inspiration of mine. However, it has come to light that Bear is not quite the survivalist that he claims to be on TV!


Apparently, he stays nights in hotels, eats real meals, and receives off camera help from others (such as building a raft for him). Then Bear goes on talk shows and tells the world that he does it all by himself.

What a bummer! Although, I must admit I have seen at least one incident on Man Vs. Wild that I knew was faked. I guess I wanted to buy into the myth of Bear Grylls.

So, what does it matter? Is it the veneer of truth that makes the show appealling?
Afterall, Bear still does what we see him do and does provide a wealth of survival info.


(thanx Mel)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home