Sunday, April 29, 2007

Year Zero

I found myself actually purchasing the new Nine Inch Nails 'Year Zero'.

I was a big fan of 'The Downward Spiral' but after that, aside from a couple interesting points, it has been all downhill for NIN. However, I really am enjoying 'Year Zero.'
Perhaps it has something to do with a topic I recently discussed with BenEdge. It is a bourgeois lie that art can be separated from its content. 'Year Zero' contained enough interesting/right on imagery/content to capture my attention (along with the dystopian landscape posters I keep seeing).

Also, VERY interesting marketing/packaging.

Hypnotic sounds of sirens
echoing through the street.
The cocking of the rifles,
the marching of the feet.
You see your world on fire,
don't try to act surprised.
We did just what you told us.
Lost our faith along the way and found ourselves believing your lies.

I got my propaganda i got revisionism.
I got my violence in high def ultra-realism.
All a part of this great nation.
I got my fist I got my plan I got survivalism.


links

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home