Saturday, April 28, 2007

The place to be

...was apparently some cellar in the Mission, SF last night!

I went to see The Vicious, Young Offenders, and Surrender at Thrillhouse Records in SF (actually beneath Thrillhouse past the darkened hallway passage).
This show was fantastic and definitely had that feeling of being at the right place and right time. It was the type of show that I adore; fab music, small fucked up venue, and a great crowd that was a mix of dirt punx, sXe kids, bike punx, old dudes, young fresh faces, and rabble-rousing Vikings.

Surrender I had never heard or seen before. I dug it. they play in a vein somewhat similar to Submission Hold (and didn't Crass or Rudimentary Peni play like that too?). Very political, very bouncy groove, almost a bit theatrical.

Young Offenders are becoming one of my favorite local bands. These guys are great live. They seem to be awesome old dudes. Plus, their music is danceable and has great chants. Amazing.

The Vicious so far exceeded my expectations, they elevated the show to one of the best I have been to in quite a while. The crowd went off; singing, bouncing, jumping around. The Vicious are the fuckin future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home