Sunday, April 08, 2007

vegan potluck

The wonderful Shaudi hosted a great vegan potluck this weekend.

It was a collection of the usual suspects and fabulous food, including:
creamy chutney dip, fruit salad, 2 variants of mac-n-"cheese", homemade(?) seitan "chicken", ginger beer, spring rolls, chocolate/peanut butter pie, chocolates with various delectible centers, & rootbeer cupcake "poppers."

Shaudi had been wanting to get a potluck going and I am so glad she did. Her house is a nice spot to gather and I enjoyed the company of a lot of people I don't kick it with enough. Talk of important things such as The Dark Crystal, 18 Visions, Arsenal F.C., Michael's Diner, and Sandy, UT abound (along with plentiful plastic fork tossing).

Afterwards, the gang plus more headed to see Grindhouse. I refrained due to my committment to avoid movies with rape scenes (especially ones Jello Biafra condemned). This prompted me explaining why I refused to see the film and how rape is in almost every movie. I felt a little like I was speaking a foreign language to the group.

Oh, I ate so much!
Thank you Shaudi for hosting. Thank you everyone who brought wonderful food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home