Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Dan Africa Project: vox

Last night Dan and I layed down some demo vocals on our track #1 at Atomic Garden Studio aka Dan's roommate aka Jack's AMAZING space.
Overall, it defiitely went well. It was my very first time recording my vocals so it took me some getting used to. In the end I learned a lot about my voice. Mostly I learned my limitations. In the future, I can arrange (and ultimately record) lyrics that have a more natural flow and lend themselve more to my voice. I had serious problems with my timing (some of which could be attributed to not being used to recording) but most of that was corrected by producer Jack.
My vocal sound is kinda old school. It reminds me of Bold or early Lights Out (-don't know if either of those are positive).
It is nice to hear this song with some vocals on top of it finally.



(thanx Dan and big thanx to Jack)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home