Sunday, July 04, 2010

Refused Are Fucking Dead

I finally watched the documentary Refused Are Fucking Dead. The 2006 film briefly chronicles the forces that brought the band Refused together and tore them apart. It is impossible for anyone now to look back at Refused's work, in particular The Shape Of Punk To Come, and truly appreciate it in the context which it was created and released. The artsy film allowed me to look back at that time and remember being introduced to The Shape of Punk To Come. It was through Mike Phyte, who also happened to apparently be at the band's last show. We were still waiting for the band to come to the West Coast even after the implosion.

REFUSED ARE FUCKING DEAD is streaming for free on Pitchfork


I must admit that I was happy to see Dennis Lyxzén sporting a Carlos The Jackal button I made in the interview sections. I made the buttons when I followed The (International) Noise Conspiracy through CA on their Survival Sickness tour. That was an amazing and energetic time.
Carlos The Jackal
I also made Dead Time Pacifies buttons at the same time.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home