Saturday, January 09, 2010

Dem crit 1

I want to begin an ongoing critique of The Democrats in this Obama era. Here goes...

Who Inherits the Rage: Brooks on Tea-Baggers contains this quote:
The public is not only shifting from left to right. Every single idea associated with the educated class has grown more unpopular over the past year.
The educated class believes in global warming, so public skepticism about global warming is on the rise. The educated class supports abortion rights, so public opinion is shifting against them. The educated class supports gun control, so opposition to gun control is mounting.
The story is the same in foreign affairs. The educated class is internationalist, so isolationist sentiment is now at an all-time high, according to a Pew Research Center survey. The educated class believes in multilateral action, so the number of Americans who believe we should “go our own way” has risen sharply.




The whole article leaves me feeling pretty sick. I try to avoid nihilism and misanthropy but I certainly feel that America has no revolutionary potential. When I say America, I by-in-large mean White America. When I say White America, I am excluding the pockets of expected resistance and potential traitors. When I say "revolutionary potential", it is just a way of gauging the potential of the populace to wage revolution... and not fascistic transition of power.

I guess the biggest bummer is that IF the "tea party" rhetoric was what they actually would impliment, I would be fine with it. Give all the money to the rich and withdraw troops from abroad? Awesome. That would equal revolution here and there. Of course, it is nothing of the sort. It is just the age old duping of the masses with good sounding rhetoric and empty promises.

(I am not actually saying I am "fine" with a widening gap between rich and poor but I recognize its potential for fostering insurrection.)

1 Comments:

Blogger shane said...

I should note that this "crit" did not mention the Dems at all. I think it will fit into the larger crit though. And you can bet the target of these tea-baggers is (primarily) The Dems.

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home