Wednesday, August 05, 2009

CNN wants you to die broke.

Not long ago, I spoke to a family member who is adamantly against any kind of socialized/universal/state run health care (aside from the already existing examples for the military and elderly, I presume). He didn't think people would want any change to the current setup. I told him with certainty that if a true referendum was held with no influence from businesses who could lose/gain profit, it would be a landslide victory for universal healthcare.

We already see elected officials telling elderly folks that universal health coverage somehow equals killing them.
Now CNN refuses to air an ad criticizing the for-profit insurance industry.

Note that I had qualified my original statement against such shit. I full well knew that those in positions of power would never aid in the destruction of the current shit machine.

This isn't about Obama's weak-ass "reform" plans. This is about survival.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home