Friday, June 05, 2009

Non-Reunion: Born Against

My aim is to soon write some thoughts I have come to regarding the rash of hardcore/punk reunion shows over the past couple years. In the meantime...

Near the top of my list of bands I would die to see live again is Born Against. Born Against also top the list of bands that should NEVER reunite.
I would love to go nuts with all the old folks to "Nine Years" but it would be oh-so-pitiful to see insane Sam McPheeters and crew do any sort of reunion that wasn't a total farce.

With all that said, apparently, I am not the only one who would like to see Born Against one more time. Sam McPheeters revealed on his blog that LiskFest approached Born Against about a reunion show (without offering any apparent payment). To give you some perspective, acts at the last last LiskFest included Set Your Goals, H2O, Bleeding Through, Gorilla Biscuits, and I think Cro Mags Jam showed up.

This isn't the first offer either. Born Against were offered flights and hotels to play a CBGB's farewell show in 2006.

Well, kudos Born Against. PLEASE STAY DEAD!

1 Comments:

Anonymous jp said...

that GB set at Liskfest was totally worth the $40 it cost to get in. Cro Mag Jam was good too, but better the at the free show before at the Nike Theatre.

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home