Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ben Edge On Music 8


Cream:
"Ginger is the best part of the group. SWLABR is a great song. "And the rainbow has a mustache!" You think there were any drugs involved?
Considering they were the first "power trio", and from their template sprang forth the Jimi Hendrix Experience, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, Rush, Deep Purple, and every other hard rock and heavy metal band that ever existed, they really aren't that good."



Crass:
"Yeah, I do like Crass, although much more for their lyrics and what they stand for than for their music. They really didn't know how to play very well, but WOW, they had a lot to say. They said more politically per song than 99% of other punk bands said in their entire catalogs."


Crime:
"Crime is cool. I own the first 7" (Hotwire My Heart), which may be the most valuable record I have. I got it from my dad."


Toy Dolls:
"HATE them. Saw them in '92 with Fear and the Adolescents. They sound like sped up pirate music. I can't believe how many people love this band."


Steve Vai:
"Frank Zappa discovered him, so there must be something to him. I can't figure out what it is though. Maybe the fact that he can play a lot of notes really fast. Him and Joe Satriani make me shameful to be the owner of an Ibanez guitar, which is a shame in itself, because Ibanez guitars are good."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home