Saturday, December 13, 2008

Burning Fight: Pomona Here We Come!

I just purchased my tickets for the May 9th Burning Fight Book Release and Benefit Show in Pomona.
Unbroken, Swing Kids, Undertow, Jenny Piccolo, Threadbare, and Fast Forward.

I remember the last time I saw Unbroken and Swing Kids. It was at 924 Gilman in August of 1995. The show happened to be during 'Chaos Days' which in Europe is when anarchists would fuck shit up. For crusty unprincipled US anarchists, it seemed to mean being violent assholes. Those dirty fuckers were ruining the show and even pulling knives. I distinctly remember my friend Larry teaching me a technique I have still not grown tired of: kicking people that deserve it. He also dragged a few drunk crusties to the back of Gilman for a beating. I got on stage during Swing Kids and yelled for either some unity or dancefloor justice but only seemed to confuse people. This show was also the first time I saw the Moz-influenced rockabilly look of Unbroken which has since become standard for so many sXe kids.

Almost 15 years later and a lot more money later, I will be driving to SoCal to get my 90's on.
I am happy to hear that all money will be donated to various decent charities.

(thanx Jose, Yosef, Israel)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home