Thursday, May 01, 2008

Glorious International Workers' Day!

It is May 1st aka MayDay aka International Workers' Day!

For the first time in as long as I can remember I will be working on MayDay... as the rest of the world takes it off and maybe lobs some petrol bombs in the direction of the state.
I feel kinda bad working on MayDay. I hate my job. It is making my life miserable. Things can look bleak when you have no plan to make them better. I ain't one to like accepting bad situations.

So here is to the Haymarket Martyrs! Here is to workers and the unemployed ("lumpen"?)! Here is to all my encouraging friends/family/comrades from Albany to Silver Lake to across the Pacific Ocean to Gilbert to right next to me in bed.

"Is there anyone thinking what I am?
Is there any other alternative?
Are you restless like me?"

-Against Me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home