Thursday, April 24, 2008

reporting from Shinjuku

Hello anyone reading this. I am in Shinjuku Tokyo Japan where is looks like Blade Runner and I am told Lost In Translation takes place.
This past week has been amazing!
Even with my minimal Japanese language skills, Tokyo (and Kyoto) are extremely accomodating for English speaking foreigners. However, I have been without any English/USAmerican news for about 1 week.
I wish I could post all the wondeful photos I have taken but that will have to wait until I return to USA... not that I want to return. I don't know if I could move here as I once wanted to but I love Tokyo and don't want to return to my banal life.

I have been in Tokyo and Kyoto along with my girlfriend and master navigator, Mel. Our first leg in Tokyo was spent with the Matsuura household who we are grateful to for their hospitality. Shizuku-chan is my favorite 4 yr old and the highlight of my trip. Then we visited Kyoto with all the other tourists.

We have enjoyed some amazing food and, unlike my last trip here, have found little trouble eating vegan.
Right now I am in a swank apartment/hotel and can't believe we are so enjoying being on the internet after web-deprivation. How pitiful.

Signing off with hopes that Tully's Coffee brings their soy black sesame latte to the USA.
_____

By the way, over in Palestine, The UN has had to abandon humanitarian aid to Gaza because Israel won't allow them in.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lizzi McCupcakes said...

good to hear you two are enjoying your trip.

if you can afford it go to a sex motel with a hello kitty themed room (for me of course...)

lizzi

6:29 AM  
Blogger mark kelley said...

Lizzi you are such a creep!


I cant wait to go to Japan!

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope your trip continues to be awesome.

are things expensive there?

where are the good sex motels at?

9:24 AM  
Blogger shane said...

hi all!
No "love hotels" this trip. But we did take a few pics of them (outside).
All the love hotels I know of are in Shibuya Tokyo- at the top of the hill- not too far from Shibuya Station.

Clothes are expensive but I think most other things are comparable to USA.

Next time I come to Japan, I would LOVE to come with a group of friends.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home