Sunday, January 02, 2011

Movie Reviews

Over the past month, I have seen more films than I did in the previous 12 months. Here are the ones I could remember with how I graded them and also how I graded the audience if I saw the film in a theater.

FILM, FILM GRADE, AUDIENCE GRADE

Black Swan: C, D
Like to be creeped out in every way?

True Grit: A, F
Fun. I love the actors, guns, The Coen Brothers, and witty dialogue.

Tron Legacy: B, A
I liked the film so much more than all the bad reviews, it made me like it more.

Star Trek The Motion Picture: n/a
uh, I fell asleep.

The Fighter: C, B
Good acting. Decent film.

Up: D, n/a
As much as people hyped this up, I thought it sucked.

Wrestler: B, n/a
Pro wrestling, strippers, 80's hair metal.

A Single Man: B, n/a
As cliche as it may sound- This film looked stunning.

Where The Wild Things Are: F, n/a
What the fuck!? Totally pointless and it dragged on.

Winter's Bone: A n/a
Hillbillies, meth, brutality. Wow.

Expendables: F, n/a
Even the knife action couldn't give this movie a point. ;)

Kick Ass: B, n/a
It moves from comic book deconstruction to a real super hero movie.

4 Comments:

Blogger xDustinx said...

my mind is blown that you saw The Expendables.

12:46 PM  
Blogger shane said...

I didn't pay to see it.

1:39 PM  
Blogger Bret said...

Agreed on all accounts but the first: Black Swan rates at least a B. Probably the most flawlessly executed movie in a decade. I think True Grit was a better overall film (although my patience with Coen Brother's dysfunctional endings is wearing thin), but the entire delivery of Black Swan was better.

11:07 AM  
Blogger shane said...

I could live with Black Swan getting a B... I just felt like as a basic script, it wasn't much.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home