Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An Anarchist's Love For Jimmy Carter ;)

OK, as you might be aware of, I think of myself as an anarchist. Being that I am an anarchist, I have no love for politicians. With that said, I must admit, within the framework of contemporary US politics, I often find myself admiring former Pres. Jimmy Carter.

His honest position on Israeli apartheid and Zionist oppression against Palestine certainly has my respect. Who else within the confines of mainstream US politics speaks those words?!

Now Carter has called a spade a spade, as they say. He noted that a lot of the shit Obama gets is the result of racism. Well, that should be obvious to anyone with a brain (or an eye on Fox News and their Tea Baggers). However, this statement is forcing the DC powers-that-be to distance themselves from Carter and further marginalize him.

I was thinking about this and about what kind of pitiful legacy Carter will most likely be remembered for and it made me realize something. Make no mistake. The political castration of Jimmy Carter was/is a well thought out plan by the Republicans.

1 Comments:

Blogger robin said...

I love Jimmy Carter! He warms my heart everytime I hear him speak.

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home