Thursday, June 25, 2009

Michael Jackson died.

With a flurry of text messages and tweets blowing up faster than Iran street fighting, news travelled faster than I can remember anything travelling (except the falling of the WTC of course).

The King Of Pop had nothing to do with radical politics, football, or sci fi (unless you count Captain Neo… and we should) so why am I reporting this? Because I was alive, aware, and turning on to pop culture in the early 80's. Because I remember how amazing Thriller was. Because he got MTV to play music made by Black people. Because I gave my fourth grade girlfriend a Michael Jackson doll for Christmas in 1984. Because I still get down when The Jackson 5 comes on at the club. Because I believe his fucked up head is the result of fame and an abusive childhood. Because he explained what vitiligo was to Oprah and I watched and figured out that is what I have.

Damn, he was a weirdo! Now I can’t wait to see what happens to his kids and just how fucked up they are from living in a bubble covered in drapery wearing Mardi Gras masks!
Prepare to get sick-to-death of MJ news coverage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home