Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2-0


I am far from a patriot and I don't like cheering for USA. However, a lot of players I like and would like to see perform well are on the US squad (Altidore, Bradley, Onyewu, and my man Dempsey!).
I initially wanted to see Egypt take this year's Confederations Cup and it looked like the US was going to fall out just as everyone expected. Neither of those things happened.

I got more excited watching today's USA v. Spain match than I have watching any match in recent history. I was watching, with no audio, at my desk at work. I nearly jumped out of my seat when Dempsey scored that 2nd goal! By the 75th minute, I had a huge grin and could barely sit still.

The not-so-impressive-most-of-the-time USA beat Spain, the #1 ranked team. This ended Spain's 25 game unbeaten streak and propelled USA to the final (probably against Brazil).

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

imperialist.

12:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home