Friday, November 14, 2008

Ben Edge On Music 5


X:
"I love X.
Their first album "Los Angeles" is the best, but their first four albums are all great. They were all produced by Ray Manzerek (keyboardist for the Doors). Under The Big Black Sun is album #3. It's got some great songs.
I've heard that guitarist Billy Zoom is an extreme right-winger. He's 60 years old now. I've met the drummer, Don Bonebreak (Bonebrake?), and he was really cool. He's also an accomplished xylophonist."

_____


OMD (Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark):
"Don't like it at all. It reminds me of my shitty raver roommate in college.
I think that album came out on Factory before Joy Division even had an album on Factory. Joy Division however, is awesome, and OMD blow."

_____


The Make Up/Ian Svenonius:
"I'm against all things Ian Svenonius. I don't see any value in anything he's ever done. The Make Up was more benign than Nation of Ulysses. Make Up was him trying to be James Brown. Whatever."
_____


Refused-'Songs To Fan The Flames Of Discontent'
"The first song is cool. It sounds kind of industrial. "I'd rather be dead than alive by your oppression!" That's probably their best song.
I don't know if I could stand listening to that album all the way through though.
Shape of Punk hasn't aged well. And I'm ignoring the masses of POSEURS who love that shit when I say the music on it isn't that great after all."

_____


"I saw that. I think it's awesome. Especially when you listen to the original and how hard and fast it is."
______

Ben and Bad Reaction got into a car accident. They are all ok but they will not be playing at Burnt Ramen this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home