Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Out Of Nowhere At The Cafe

Yesterday was hot as fuck in The Bay. I couldn't believe it was October.
On a trip to a cafe with a co-worker, I was comparing our weather to my former home of Wyoming which just got about 7'' of snow and temperatures in the 30's (farenheit). This led to a discussion of my time in SLC and then the film SLC Punk. I mentioned being into punk when I lived there at age 14.
At this point in the conversation, we entered the cafe where the first person I see was, in fact, my neighbor from Salt Lake (Sandy to be precise), Matt! Matt was not just some dude who lived behind me. He had a decent music collection and introduced me to a lot of 80's punk and indie. He actually was the 1st person to play Youth Of Today for me (something which he insisted I would not like because "the singer sounds like a cat"). The other band that he introduced me to which made a big impact on me was the Toy Dolls.
Can anyone hook me up with some Toy Dolls mp3s???!??

I told Matt about this blog, so maybe he will drop by.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home