Thursday, October 02, 2008

free music always sounds better

I am obsessed with downloading free music from blogs. I do it all day every day. Mediocre hardcore and metal are easy to find. Good hip hop mp3s are harder to come by.
I don't usually link to the sites on Dead Time Pacifies because I want to allow them to keep a somewhat low profile.
A few of my faves are:
B Media<
Cosmic Hearse
Download And Comfort
Nah Right
I just recently discovered True Punk and Metal. It has some of the most obscure and interesting metal from the 80's. As usual, I came across a ton of shit that I just had to share with a friend. This friend being the infamous BenEdge, he of course already had everything I suggested to him. Ben was kind enough to still provide me with reviews of these choices:

Slipknot (NO! Not THAT Slipknot!)- 7'', Revelation Records 1989:
"I never liked this record. I own it though! It's early Rev. I have to own it. "They were pretty much responsible for being behind a really bad East coast hc/punk scene in 1988-90." I wasn't there, but I'd say that the early Rev bands totally stand the test of time, for the most part. I can live without War Zone or SOIA, but GB, Side By Side, No For An Answer, YOT, Bold, Chain of Strength, Judge, Inside Out, and Burn are some of the greatest hc bands I've ever heard."

Code Of Honor- Beware The Savage Jaw lp, 1984:
"That's one of the strangest albums that has ever come out of the hardcore scene. Nothing else sounds remotely like it. It's kinda gothy, kinda country, and really technical. Weird rhythms and lyrics that make the singer seem like he's actually losing his mind. I traded an extra Insted and Reason To Believe 7" with my friend Kevin for it. He still doesn't get that album. Most people never will."

Witchfinder General- Death Penalty, 1982:
"Great album. Their other album is also good. You gotta check out the cover art on those things!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home