Sunday, February 24, 2008

WonderCon 2008

Perhaps my favorite event of the year: San Francisco's WonderCon!
This year I went both Saturday Feb.23 and Sunday Feb.24.

We started Saturday off with a massive panel for Get Smart (it also featured White supremacy fantasy flick, 10,000 BC). All that really mattered was that Steve Carell was present and was funny as expected.

I skipped The X-Files panel due to the crowds but David Ducovny, Gillian anderson, and Chris Carter were all there.

The main exhibition room was jam packed and it made it difficult to take in all the wonderful toys, busts, t-shirts, boobs-a-plenty, art, psuedo-celebrities, and comic books.










On Sunday, I started with the completely worthless 'Trailer Park' preeview trailer section.
Then, I primarily concentrated on autographs. It seemed like I dug heavily into my collection circa 1984.
Comico's Grendel #3 got signed by a nice Mr. Matt Wagner (is that guy a bear?).

Groo #1 got signed by the one and only Sergio Aragones.

Arthur Adams is one of my all time favorites and I seem to be working on getting all my favorite classic X-Men he pencilled signed by him but he isn't very friendly.

I attended a Brian Wood / Becky Cloonan panel that was rather boring. Their Demo title is moving to Vertigo. When I took my Channel Zero graphic novel and one shot for Brian Wood to sign, he got hyped. He checked them out to see that they were first editions and then I asked him about the obvious straight-edge imagery. He told me he used to be involved in the New York hardcore scene. It was awesome. I even got him to put a little 'NYHC' symbol with his signature small sketch!

To see all of my photos, go to my Flickr! account.

1 Comments:

Blogger hero imprisoned said...

fucking awesome. i wish i didn't have to work weekends. the brian wood signature is priceless.

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home