Wednesday, June 20, 2007

iTunes

Yep, iTunes.

Yo, peer to peer file sharing software is dead. More effective than all the attempted bullshit legislation and RIAA scare tactics, the labels/artists have flooded file sharing networks with bogus files. It is pretty much impossible to get anything.
If anyone does know of free DRM file sharing (especially for Macs), hit me up!!

Now, I love iTunes.
99cents for a song ain't too bad. Plus, iTunes best feature is a user's ability to listen to 30sec clips of any song. Hell, those 30min clips have hipped me to enough bands for me to appreciate it.
_____

I have realized that, in large part, I have ignored most "mainstream" hardcore as of late. iTunes allowed me to check out new Outbreak, Go It Alone, Verse, Sinking Ships, Dead Hearts, etc etc. Sure most HC kids are probably aware of this shit but are they aware of the glory that is Never Healed, Ramparts, and a myriad of other Bay Area localz? I think I do prefer my punk under the fuckin radar.

So, on the one hand, I am excited to check out a lot of these "newer" HC bands that everyone loves.
On another hand, I love what the Bay Area breeds. We definitely got our own vibe and it is a lot less flashy hypebeast macho bullshit than a lot of other places.

"There's a point to this. A Reason to resist."
"What we do is secret."

(Now excuse me while I go download some new Outbreak and Have Heart.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home