Sunday, May 13, 2007

I Am Spoonbender: live 3 years on

This weekend, I Am Spoonbender performed live for the first time in 3 years. I was there. They blew my mind yet again.

First of all, there were 2 supporting acts.
One was a DJ that created ambient/abrasive sounds to cheezy neo-psychadelic visuals.
The second act was what I can firmly declare is the worst band in existence. I don't even know their name so I can't warn others to avoid them. Basically, it felt like watching hipsters jam different parts unrehearsed in hopes that it somehow fit with a vocalist that randomly talked into the mic or sang inane shit while looking like some 1979 retard.

IAS were amazing and worth the wait.
The costumes/uniforms, lighting, choreography, subliminals, and telephones. Not to mention that the guys playing drums are tight as hell and some of the best technical drummers I have ever seen.
I hope IAS plays live again soon.

"...look at me, dreaming in sequence..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home