Monday, December 18, 2006

Rancid punx

This weekend Rancid wrapped up their North American tour with 3 dates in SF.

I attended 2 of them (the 3rd was VIP invite only, so I was not cool enough).
I must admit these were my first times seeing Rancid live. Back when opportunities were aplenty, I was probably wouldn't admit to liking them or was not interested in the bands they played with.

Rancid is close to being one of the most solid bands to ever come from The Bay Area.
They play some of the best what-I-would-consider "folk music." Sure, I know they are a punk band but the lyrical narratives they weave stand well next to any "folk" artist.
(I am not as keen on any of Tim Armstrong's Hollywood projects.)

I am disappointed I missed Rancid with Brett Reed. I am even a little disappointed to see them carry on without him.
Another disappointment was lack of older cats in the crowd.

I am a little embarrassed to even admit how much I prefered the ska-influenced joints live.
The acoustic numbers were amazing!
The band was even joined by Jesse Michaels for the playing of OPIV's "Unity".

Big thanx to Mel for taking me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home