Thursday, June 11, 2009

Big Ups Pitch Invasion

I follow a blog called Pitch Invasion. As you might have guessed, it is about football (aka soccer). More specifically, it is about "exploring football culture around the globe." I had never given much thought to the blog's politics (but I have not been offended, so that must say something to begin with).

Recently, Pitch Invasion's Jennifer Doyle posted a great account of police in the area of the infamous 1990s Ramparts Scandal as well as the neighborhood of the May Day “Melee” joining a football league. I encourage you to read the article and check Pitch Invasion out.
To give you a hint of how the article ends, Jennifer writes, "Forgetting who and where we are is a luxury... I was glad to see the cop team go"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home