Monday, February 19, 2007

Lifetime

I've ranted and raved quite a bit against reunion shows.
I am just always sceptical and don't like tainting good memories.
I had even refused to go to the first round of Lifetime reunion shows.

I sure didn't plan on going to see Lifetime this time.
Luckily, my good friend Ben Edge got me to go and helped get me in without paying.

Lifetime came onstage and made a call for all the older people to get up front and "take over."
I stayed back and intended to just enjoy watching the show.
It was only maybe 2 songs into it that 'Rodeo Clown' made my heart jump, my head was flooded with memories, and I had to race to the front to sing-a-long.

"Did you know that I kept that for a year? And all this time I figured you'd be here."

Lifetime used to be the soundtrack of my 4 hour drive to see a girl that eventually became my wife and eventually after that became my hated ex-wife.
Last night, screaming those lyrics and stage-diving, I somehow kinda reclaimed those songs for myself.

I didn't realize how much I remembered all those Lifetime songs.
I felt good to see a lot of folks I knew when I saw Lifetime for the first time in 1996.
It also felt good just to see so many friends not just from the Bay but from LA and Santa Barbara as well.
____

love goes out to all the 'family' and friends I got to say hi to.

thank you to Ben and Dan who got me into the show.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i like your blog.

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home