Sunday, January 28, 2007

Go!

This weekend, I saw infamous NY hardcore band, Go!

They played with the amazing Never Healed and also amazing The Young Offenders. Both of these local bands drew decent sized crowds for the 21+ show.

For Go!'s set, I think there was maybe 1-2 people other than myself and not in one of the bands watching.
I was never a huge Go! fan but was aware of their influencial criticisms and shit-talking in the early 90's (especially vocalist Mike Bullshit).
I realize not all reunions or reuniting bands are gonna pull a huge crowd and maybe Go! would have greater pull in NY. My question is this- Where are all the old Bay Area Go! fans?
(Probably not into HC and so far out of any loop as to be unaware of the Go! shows. That's fair.)

It was nice to hear Mike Bullshit talk from the stage in a way that reminded me of 1991... even if the set was a little long.




P.S. Pete Lynch- You weren't there. You don't know how popular Go! was or not... but now Go! knows how you feel. haha ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home