Monday, May 22, 2006

decemberunderground


Again, AFI have taken their music in a very different direction. I suppose that should be expected.
I was hoping for something as epic as Sing The Sorrow... It certainly is not.
Overall, I enjoy the album quite a bit.
Most of the songs have a much slower tempo than past AFI and those slower songs are much stronger than the faster ones.
The album has a distinctly 80's pop feel mixed with what I can only describe (at this early juncture) as reminiscent of the band Thursday and a lot of very AFI style vocals and guitar trickery.
The problem with that pop sensability is that a lot of contemporary pop that I despise (i.e. Fall Out Boy) borrows from the same HC pool that AFI grew from.
The production is top notch (assuming that I have only heard a rough mix and the guitars get turned up) and AFI's increasing use of electronic sounds/drums fits very well throughout the album.


(thanx Mel)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home