Wednesday, April 26, 2006

New Direction

Gorilla Biscuits have reformed and announced a 5 week US tour.
(Walter will be taking part.)

108 have decided, after successful reunion shows, to reform and write new songs.

__________

"Pretending that they care about our scene just because our money's green."
"Back in the days when I'd wait to see the old bands play. It didn't seem like wasted days. I was so sincere, but now I see more clearly. Music's only work to them. It's not to me. So I say, hats off to bands that change. Good lick, go your own way. Why play for us, if your hearts not in it?"
-Gorilla Biscuits
_________

I am so sick of these reunions.
There is a reason why punk bands burn out faster than major label rock outifits.
Major label bands rely on the band as a job (look at The Rolling Stones). Now with the new influx of cash and attention on the punk/HC scene, people are coming back to get paid.
Maybe it could be looked at like veterans coming to collect on the dues they paid. I ain't buying it. If you want to get back into HC 10 years on, do it with a fresh start.

108 actually booked a DIY mini-tour playing small punk venues.
The band slept on floors and couches. They played with local bands.
That seems like a genuine care for the scene.

The likes of Gorilla Biscuits or Lifetime taint my HC memories.
I was there and I don't care if 18 yr olds now have a newfound interest in your old records.
If you want to do it for the kids, make new HC music. (And don't sign to Fall Out Boy's label.)

Fuck reunion shows!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home